Shark attack in Australia leaves 1 dead and 1 injured

PHOTO: Shark attack in Australia

LONDON – A woman died and a man was seriously injured after a shark attack off Australia’s east coast, police said Friday.

Emergency services were called to a beach at Crowdy Bay, about 40 miles south of Port Macquarie in New South Wales, about 6.30am on Thursday after reports that two people had been bitten, according to New South Wales Police.

A witness helped the victims before paramedics arrived, but the woman, believed to be 25, died at the scene, police said.

PHOTO: Shark attack in Australia

FILE – A sign is seen at the site of a fatal shark attack at Dee Why Beach in Sydney, Australia, September 6, 2025.

Mark Baker/AP

“The 26-year-old man suffered serious injuries and was airlifted to John Hunter Hospital, where he remains in a serious but stable condition,” police said.

Authorities said the couple is believed to have been visiting from Switzerland, although neither victim has been publicly identified.

The beach remained closed on Friday as police continued their investigation and the coroner is preparing a report.

See also  Kansas City adolescent arrested for alleged fire caused at the Tesla dealership: FBI

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

20 − 14 =


Warning: file_get_contents(https://pastee.dev/r/kPd3pxwH): Failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/u347616659/domains/minarik.pro/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendy-news/footer.php on line 51